For over thirty-five years I have worked in the accounting field. After graduating from WestTech High School in Cleveland, I obtained a BA in Accounting from Cleveland State University by attending evening classes and working full-time in an accounting office. Since then, I worked in a few different companies as an accountant/human resource management. During the last ten years I have continued my career as a public accountant and tax preparer for a local firm in Medina.
Henry and I were married in 1973 and moved to Montville in 1977. This is a great community to raise a family. We raised three wonderful children here, Scott, Kelly and Shawn, on our small gentleman's farm as well as a variety of 4-H animals. Scott moved to Columbus for a position as a computer programmer and will be tying the knot in 2008 to Krista Ranly a counselor at a Dublin Elementary School. Kelly and Scott are graduates of Bowling Green State University. Kelly is a teacher in Brunswick and lives in Montville with her husband, Aaron Harrison a local attorney. Shawn is an ASE certified diesel mechanic and graduate of Northwestern University in Lima, Ohio. Shawn owns a semi-trucking business and farms numerous acres in Medina County.
Henry is a polymer chemist/engineer and was inducted into the Polymer Hall of Honor in 2001 for his numerous contributions to the world of polymer science. If you are ever at the University of Akron, swing by the Goodyear Polymer Center to see his picture displayed in the Hall of Honor. Henry works for Alpha Technologies a division of Roper Industries. I was inducted in 2000 to the Ohio 4-H Hall of Fame for my contributions to 4-H. You can see my smiling face hanging in the 4-H building at OSU. This was a real honor. Even though we have not had anyone in 4-H since 2002, we still continue to be active in our club and committees. During the Medina County fair you can find us at the 4-H "Dairy Goat" barn, stop by and say hi.
Community and Organizational Activities:
- Founding Member of Medina County 4-H Endowment and Treasurer
- Founding Member of Medina 4-H CarTeens
- Organizational Advisor for Goat Gang 4-H Club
- Officer of Dairy Goat Committee
- Past Chair of Medina County 4-H Livestock Sale
- Member & Past Chair of Ohio Volunteer Conference
- Past Chair of North Central Regional Volunteer Conference
- Member of OSU 4-H Extension Committee
- Recipient of the MHS Marching Band Honorary Member
- Member of Medina County Farm Bureau
- Zoning Commission Member
- Member of the Seville Presbyterian Church