Community and Organizational Activities:
- Montville Township Board of Zoning Appeals - Chair, 1/01 to 12/31/2011.
- American Journal of Alzheimer's Disease and Other Dementias - Editorial Board Member - 2002 to present.
- Medina County Creative House Board - Vice Chair, March, 2003 to March, 2005. Fund Raiser
- TSA of Ohio/Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance fka National Tuberous Sclerosis Association, Inc. (NTSA): 5/89-5/03. Positions held: Board of Directors, Volunteer Coordinator, Exhibit Coordinator, State Representative Volunteer, Program Coordinator, Ohio State Facilitator, fund raiser and grant writer.
- Gerontology Association, The University of Akron - Former President and Secretary - 1995 to 1997. Fund raiser and grant writer.
- Hands Across Medina County Foundation, Medina, Ohio - Former Trustee - 1996 to 1998. Fund raiser and grant writer.
- Past Contributing Editor for the Helping Hands Newsletter, Medina, Ohio - 1996 to 1998.
- Elderhostel, The University of Akron - Assistant Coordinator in 1995.
- Normandy Park Condo Association - Secretary of Board of Directors from 1992 - 2001.
- Human Rights Committee - Walton House, Cuyahoga County Board of Developmental Disabilities - 1999 to 2002.
Bachelor of Arts, summa cum laude, and Master’s Degree in Cognitive Psychology, Applied Cognitive Aging, The University of Akron, Akron, OH. Graduate Certificate in Geronotolgy. Undergraduate Certificate in Public Administration. Completed course work for Ph. D. in Applied Cognitive Aging. ODDD Certification. Bachelor’s of Science in Public Administration.
Spouse: Deryl - Children: Stacey, Bryan, Michael and Rebecca
Bird watching, bike riding, dancing, gardening and cooking.